AMERICA’S HOMETOWN THANKSGIVING CELEBRATION
Mission and Policies for Participation in the Annual Thanksgiving Parade
Our mission is to educate the public while preserving our country’s important history, starting with the Pilgrim legacy and Thanksgiving story while recognizing all those who have fought to protect the American way of life. We will accomplish this goal by producing a Thanksgiving celebration of excellence in Plymouth, America’s Hometown, where Thanksgiving began. Through concerts honoring military sacrifice and a parade chronicling the Pilgrim legacy, spectators will leave with a sense of history and pride.
- America’s Hometown Thanksgiving Celebration (AHTC) is a private parade operated under the oversight of its Executive Board. Its parade participants are invited to participate, it is not a public parade open to any organization that wishes to march.
- AHTC does not allow any organization with social or political causes to advertise and promote themselves. It is an historic parade focused on specific themes.
- Each year the Thanksgiving parade chronologically portrays the Pilgrim Story and the subsequent accomplishments of following generations. AHTC reserves the right to set both the theme and determine if individuals and/or groups desiring to participate would enhance the theme of that year’s parade.
- AHTC designs and builds the various floats that visually tell the story of Thanksgiving throughout the centuries of America’s history; we do not solicit others to build floats.
- Groups who march in the parade must either be re-enactors of specific periods of American history or are willing to highlight an historic float with period costumes portraying an historic theme that fits in with the theme of that particular year.
- Groups desiring to participate must hand in an application at least six months prior to the parade in order for the committee to review the thematic context for continuity.
- Though musical and marching units are invited to participate, all must understand that there is limited space each year due to size and theme in line with our mission.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.